Monday 8 December 2014

Craft café

Tonight I did something really nice, I went to a craft café. One of the shops at the mine is run by a craft cooperative, and the lady that is a fulltime seamstress has started to have craft cafés. It was really nice sitting in their shop, which is a mix of shop and workspace, around a big table just doing some handywork. Sure I was the youngest, but since most of the talk was about sewing that didn't matter. It was nice with a mix of things, one lady made a shirt/chemise for her folk costume, another made a hamster out of scrap pieces. I managed to almost finish a hem for a project that I'm hoping to have finished by tomorrow or Wednesday.

The craft cafés are going to continue in the spring, I'm definitely going to go to more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment