Wednesday 15 July 2015

I got a Liebster award

I'm very happy, and humbled, that I've been nominated for a Liebster award. It's a wonderful feeling knowing that someone finds my blog interesting enough to nominate me. Thank you Nancy-Raven's attic

General Rules of the Liebster Award
Here's what I need to do to accept the Liebster award
 
1- Thanks the person who nominated you and link her blog - see above
 2-Display the award on your blog - see above
3-Answer 11 questions ask by the person who nominated you
4-Provide 11 random facts about you
5-Nominated between 5 to 11 blog 
6-Create a new list of questions for the people I nominated
7-List the rules in my post
8-Tell to the nominated people they receive the award and gave them a link to your page
 
Here are the questions from Nancy-Raven's attic.
 
What is your favorite costuming event , futur or past ?
Of the ones I've been to it's definitely Star Wars Celebrations.
 
Which skill do you wish to have or do not control very well?
I'm useless when it comes to working with hard materials. I would love to be able to create my own jewellery or accessories out of all the materials that are out there (sintra/worbla/clay/ and so on)
Silk or art silk?
I don't want to sound elitist, but I've fallen in love with silk. It can be tricky to work with, but it's just so beautiful, both to look at and to the touch.
 
What is the thing you didn't like about sewing and costuming ?
I hate that it's so judgmental, it's so easy finding faults in both our own and others' works. 
 
Are you in a costuming group official or not?
I'm a member of the 501st Legion and Rebel Legion, Svenska 1800-talssällskapet, Svenska 1900-talssällskapet and "Skapa historiska kläder och gör något kul" on Facebook.
 
What is the fabric , item or accessories you wish to buy but never did because of the budget?I'm a firm believer that it's impossible to have too many shoes, and if I could I would love to have historically correct shoes for all my costumes.

Where and what is the event of your dream? It used to be Dragon*Con, but nowadays I'm more and more hoping to be able to go to Costume College one day.

The movie or tv serie you love more then other because the costumes are a candy for eyes? I love historical dramas, but one film that I'm very conflicted about, but still watch just because I love the costumes is Gone with the Wind.

When did you start to blog and why?
People were simply asking me to post pictures of my costumes, and I felt that the best way to do that was to make a blog.

Why did you choose sewing and costuming as a hobby?
I like dressing up, and I have a sister that is really good when it comes to sewing. When I started to come up with the idea of creating my own first Star Wars costumes it felt natural that if I wanted to do it then I would of course sew them myself. I had sewn some clothes already when I was a teen, with the help of my sister, so I never thought much about other alternatives if I wanted to dress up.

Post 11 random facts about yourself
Some of you reading this might now this, to some others it might come as a surprise

1. I used to compete in ski jumping
2. Once upon a time I could play the violin good enough to be a part of the Limerick University Orchestra
3. I've lived in Sweden and Ireland
4. I've studied both Gothic and Old Irish
5. I can get annoyed when people don't realize that there's a difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes (hint, 1 is not lifestyle-related)
6. One day I want to refurbish my kitchen to match a tea container I've gotten from my grandmother
7. Civilian airplanes are much more fascinating than military airplanes
8. I name technical stuff (wifi-networks, computers and so on) after the fandom I'm currently enjoying when I need to set them up. 
9. I can't draw or paint anything better than stick figures
10. I hate spring (and it has nothing to do with pollen or allergies, I just don't like that season)
11. I sometimes have problems fitting my full name on a line when filling in forms.

The questions I would like the nominated people  answer are:

1. Which is your favorite fashion decade?
2. What unexpected skill have you developed because of your costuming hobby?
3. How long does it take you to go to a fabric store?
4. What do you have in the background while you are sewing?
5. Which is the most common colour in your costume wardrobe?
6. Have you ever thought about taking part in some kind of costume competition?
7. Have you given names to your sewing machine or dressform, or any other tool you are using to make your costumes?
8. How many costumes have you made?
9. Do you use wigs or your own hair to create different hairstyles?
10. What is the longest you have worked on a single project?
11. How big is your stash?

I would like to nominate

No comments:

Post a Comment