Wednesday 1 July 2015

Next project

So it just happened that this year I'm going to NärCon, the biggest cosplay event in Sweden. I was tempted to go there last year, but since I don't really feel at home with the anime/manga part of cosplay I didn't know what I would do there. Well this year I'm treating myself to a weekend of fun, and if I don't like the convention I'm happy to go and explore Linköping, since I've never been there.

Anyway for this convention I realized that I wanted a costume that's more comfortable and made for summer weather. That really disqualified all of my Star Wars costumes. I've also felt a bit uninspired lately, so I felt that I needed a pure fun project, where I don't need to obsess over accuracy. What to do, what to do.

Then I realized that there was a character that would fit right in, would be fun, and I feel very connected to.

She likes cats

She's from one of my favorite childhood toys/TV-series, even if the revival is better

She wears red glasses

She feels at home in a mine

She's a seamstress/fashion designer

She's a drama queen. Ok I hope I'm not a drama queen, but it's so fun playing out ALL YOUR EMOTIONS, which means I can go all in on the play part of cosplay.

Who it is?

It's Rarity from My Little Pony of course


And yes, whenever I'm working on a costume deadline I always make sure to play her Art of the Dress


Now things have started to arrive in my mailbox, but it's still a bit of a challenge to turn myself into a white unicorn with purple mane.

No comments:

Post a Comment