Sunday 10 December 2017

TLJ Leia dress

This is the grey dress Leia wears under the coat.


The dress is made of a poly micro satin, but I used the wrong side out so it's less shiny. It's a great fabric in that it doesn't wrinkle, but it's also dreadful to try and press since it almost refuses to stay pressed.

I wanted the dress to be just big enough to be able to pull it on and off, so I wouldn't need a zipper. For that I used a fairly fitted back, and had the extra material in the front. The dress is based on my standard dress pattern, but I made the skirt an A-line skirt instead of the pencil skirt it is.


I decided to go with a t-shirt sleeve, also to make it easier to pull over the head. The dress is lined in the bodice with the crepe de chine that I failed to dye grey. The lining is attached at the neck opening, but hangs loose as a slip under the dress. The sleeves are unlined.

The belt is a loose belt, with elastic in the back, to keep it tight. It fastens with a hook and bar.

It's threaded through two buttonholes at the side, and then inbetween the lining and main fabric in the back.



No comments:

Post a Comment